Saturday, August 16, 2014

VISUALS: ELIJAH BLAKE "6"


Elijah Blake bears his soul in the premiere of his new single “6,” produced by No I.D. and James Poyser. The piano embellished personal ballad unveils the unrestrained emotional pains and traumatizing childhood experiences Blake had with his father.
In an interview with Billboard, Blake discloses the meaning behind the song’s story:
“All your mannerisms are developed when you’re 6-years old, such as who you are or if you’re a glass half full or glass half empty type of person. I looked back to what I went through when I was a 6-year old. I went through religion being shoved down my throat and my biological dad being the Island guy who was really strict and pulled out the belt for everything. It affects me till this day, like how I am in relationships. I still have a hard time trusting people.”
“6” will be the first single from Blake’s forthcoming Drift EP, set to release in September. Peep the accompanying Sean Alexander-directed visual, featuring fellow song “Fallen” above.

Morganne Nikole
Saint Heron: http://bit.ly/1pmZskY

No comments:

Post a Comment