Monday, March 31, 2014

Elli Ingram C'Dawha

 


Since I was a child my ear gravitated to sounds with a very “soulful,” melody. Perhaps I was subconsciously influenced by my father’s soulful musical choices. Each weekend, he would turn on his vintage stereo speaker set & let the Temptations serenade us. Let Anita Baker woo us. Let Luther caress us. Let Jill enlighten us. & Let Angie Stone empower us. Compelling to say the very least. When I was just a 10-year- old nappy headed girl with vivid imagination & ignorance to the real world, this music was my real world. This music was good music.
Now 12 years later, my ear STILL yearns for that soulful sound. Soulfood perhaps, not in physical form but in musical form which for me is….just as fulfilling. Therefore, after my discovery of Miss Elli Ingram I was DELIGHTED to hear a soulful composition that reminded me so much of “the good ole days.” Based in Bighton, Britain Elli Ingram recently released ‘THE DOGHOUSE’, a creative musical blend of subtle melodies, raw lyricism, and invigorating sounds. Below is her track entitled “C’Dawha….it is everything I need & then some…enjoy!
Morganne Nikole
For more Elli Ingram: 
Pick up 'THE DOGHOUSE' on Itunes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment