Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Mixtape Review: 'Narrated by Izzar Thomas': Izzar Thomas


 23-year- old, Houston producer/writer/rapper, Izzar Thomas releases ‘Narrated by Izzar Thomas,’ a soulful intergalactic mixtape embedded with trill basslines, mellow melodies, and effortless lyricism. With the compilation of staccato beats and chilled chorus lines, Narrated by Izzar Thomas,’ is in one word: edgy. With production features from Gym Krow, Oak & Pop, N.W.M., Boi IDA, and singers Kendall & Janae Allen, Izzar successfully creates a Rubik’s Cube of alternative hip-hop music. Composed of 15 tracks and musical samples from Elle Varner, Earth Wind & Fire, and Talib Kweli, Izzar invites listeners into his intergalactic world of feel good music. Subtitled Thug Life, Izzar juxtaposes “thuggish,” demeanor with sensible lyricism that reminds listeners to “stay driven to get where you tryna go.” Music with a message; Izzar manages to create a raw storyboard that takes listeners on his quest through life, love, and music.


'Narrated by Izzar Thomas': Full Length Mixtape [BELOW]

                                   
         
Q&A with Izzar Thomas: The Man Behind The Narration


Morganne: What is your creative process like?
Izzar: I always start with a beat, either from myself or from in-home producers, everything feels weird without it. My imagination plays a large part in my creative process. I can imagine anything about a place: the smell, the scenery, people, pretty much everything…& I just write about it. Production, lyrics/delivery, and then I record.


Morganne: Are you the headmaster behind the beats and the lyrics?
Izzar:  Yea, I produce my own beats and I write my own lyrics. Lyrics are the best part. I try to find a way to connect with the average human being most of the time. I love producing my own beats too; to me lyrics and beats are equally important. At times, I get beats from friends but they have to really know me & know what type of beats I like.


Morganne: What do you want the audience to gain from your music?
Izzar: I want them to know me. Connect with me, we are all humans. I don’t put myself above anyone else, I am a very humble person. Whether you know me or not, you will always get good vibes about me.


Morganne: Who are your musical influences?
Izzar: Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, Kendrick Lamar, and Drake


Morganne: What can we expect from you in the future? Any upcoming projects?
Izzar: I am working on a project called “Long Overdue,”…this will be an album. I have been wanting to drop another project for a really long time but life happens. Now I’m ready to release a full body of material…it’s long overdue.




With kickback sounds from “Party & Bullshit,” to  the humble transparencies of “My Addiction,” and “Star,‘Narrated by Izzar Thomas,’ is a multifaceted project that takes listeners through a range of emotions. Love pain, good vibes, unconventional sounds, compelling lyricism, and a fresh organic perspective….'Narrated by Izzar Thomas,' delivers it all. 

For more Izzar Thomas:
Twitter: @IzzarThomas
http://izzarthomas.com 
https://www.youtube.com/izzarthomas 
http://izzarthomas.bandcamp.com/

Morganne Nikole



No comments:

Post a Comment