Thursday, May 15, 2014

Visuals: Sye Elaine Spence "Bloom"

 
Atlanta-based songstress Sye Elaine Spence creates a homestead of banjo chordo-phones, soul-folk harmonies, compelling story tales, and nectarous vocal arrangements. Inspired by peaceful strolls along the Oconee River and the tranquilizing landscapes of a horse farm, the New York native conceived her spell-binding Bloom EP.
Now, the songstress is back with the official cinematic pictorials for the project’s title-track:
“This video was produced by myself and Antonio Lewis.There is not an actual director since we did not shoot the video ourselves. It is a vintage home movie recorded in the 1960′s. The reason I chose this particular visual is because It was reminiscent of the journeying happening in my life at this particular time.
With tiny dancer in the womb, I was entering my very own dance with the unknown.I had no concept of trusting the journey before that point and then all of a sudden something so beautiful shakes up all i thought i knew to remind me I knew nothing at all. So that circling car was me and my hearts longing desire to get to where I needed to be, for her.”
Sye Elaine Spence provides a nostalgic ambiance to her genre-blending sounds. Her relaxed vocals pivots softly behind the gentle banjo strings and sensual synths creating experimental music that “transports you to a more peaceful place.” Her sweet vocals provides a calming melody fortified with good vibes.

Morganne Nikole
 Saint Heron: http://bit.ly/RGytn5 
Sye Elaine Spence Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/syeelainespence


No comments:

Post a Comment